Ashes Cricket 2017/2018
Ashes Cricket Tickets
The Ashes cricket series between England and Australia is hosted by Australia roughly every four years, so don’t miss your opportunity to book your 2017/18 tickets to cricket’s longest running and most prestigious Test match trophy today.
Queen of Tickets gives you premier access to Ashes tickets for all five Tests across Australia. Get your tickets now for:
- 1st Ashes Test, 23-27 November 2017 – The Gabba
- 2nd Ashes Test, 2-6 December 2017 - Adelaide Oval (day-night)
- 3rd Ashes Test,14-18 December 2017 - Perth (venue TBC)
- 4th Ashes Test, 26-30 December 2017 – Melbourne Cricket Ground
- 5th Ashes Test, 4-8 January 2018 - Sydney Cricket Ground
The 2017/18 Ashes series gives you the opportunity to be part of history, with the first ever day-night Ashes Test to be held at Adelaide Oval on 2-6 December 2017. This style of cricket is very popular with Adelaide fans, and is expected to draw bumper crowds.
To avoid disappointment, and ensure you secure your choice of seating, buy your Ashes cricket tickets now from Queen of Tickets, Australia’s number one marketplace for tickets to the best sporting events and concerts.
The Ashes - the most historical and prestigious Test match trophy in cricket
The Ashes began in 1882, when Australia unexpectedly won a Test on English soil for the first time. Following the upset The Sporting Times newspaper in England printed a joke obituary declaring the death of English cricket and advising the remains would be cremated and the ashes sent to Australia. Following these newspaper reports, English cricket captain Ivo Bligh vowed to regain ‘the ashes’ on the tour to Australia in 1882/83, prompting the use of the term by the English media.
During the Australian tour, after England had won two of the three Tests, a small urn containing the ashes of a wooden cricket bail was presented to Bligh by a group of Australian women. The urn and contents were humorously said to be the ashes of Australian cricket, cementing the term The Ashes.
Although the urn was never the official trophy of the Ashes series, replicas were often used as a symbol victory. This continued until the 1998-99 Ashes series where the Ashes Trophy, a crystal replica of the urn, has been officially presented to the winning side that holds the ashes until the next series.
Australia and England have both won 32 Ashes series and five have been drawn, with the ashes currently held by England following wins in three of the five Tests during the 2015 Ashes series.
Be a part of this rich history by ordering your Ashes cricket tickets today from Queen of Tickets.
Purchase Ashes cricket tickets with confidence through Queen of Tickets
When you purchase your cricket tickets from Queen of Tickets, you are covered by our 100% guarantee, so you can be assured:
- We will find you a suitable or better replacement, or refund you 100% of the purchase price, in the rare case of any issues with your ticket.
- Your tickets will always be authentic, as all tickets are from our reputable and trusted sellers.
- You will always receive your tickets on time, with posted tickets sent via Australia Post’s Express Post Platinum service, and E-tickets sent promptly via email.
- Your booking information is protected, with a choice of PayPal and credit card payments through our secure checkout.
- Our dedicated customer service team is available to help you select the best Ashes Cricket tickets within your budget.
- Our company is Australian owned and operated.